Fuel Venture Capital completes another outstanding week. Here are a few highlights I would like to share:
1. Fintech portfolio company Curve made CB Insights Fintech 250: The Top Fintech Companies of 2020 list. As noted on CB Insights: “The 2020 Fintech 250 cohort has raised approximately $49.2B in aggregate funding across nearly 900 deals since 2015, and includes startups at different investment stages of development, from early-stage companies to well-funded unicorns.” Curve has also been shortlisted for BusinessCloud’s 100 Fintech Disrupters, which identifies the UK’s most innovative and FinTech companies.
Curve has launched a new product: Loyalty. CTO Matt Collinge notes: “Curve’s loyalty ecosystem is our next step in taking people’s wallets into the cloud. Our intuitive UX design means users will never miss a reward again, while merchants continue to gain valuable and actionable insights.” 60 Hours Under the Hood outlines Curve’s is a fantastic FinTech talk from LendIt Fintech outlining Curve’s lessons learned with Nathalie Oestmann.
2. Robotics development portfolio company OhmniLabs is featured in a piece about solving problems during the pandemic: “Ohmni is now deploying these robots in hospitals to connect quarantined Covid-19 patients with their families, and donating them to care organizations to enable virtual visits with seniors who are isolated at home.”
3. Portfolio company Soundtrack Your Brand is music made easy with tools designed for business. CEO Ola Sars spoke with Vanessa Severiano on The Business Side of Fitness about music streaming for businesses, with a focus on the fitness industry. Ola spoke about the journey in forming partnerships with some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Lululemon, W Hotel and JCrew and much more.
4. Portfolio company Evrythng is your product cloud providing real-time access and actionable information from the billions of product items you make and sell. They launched Predictor™ Machine Learning to increase supply chain integrity. “With Predictor™, the EVRYTHNG platform can adapt on its own, automating the decision-making.”
Evrythng also partnered with Arianee blockchain for proof of authenticity efforts. “By giving every product a unique EVRYTHNG Active Digital Identity™ (ADI) connected to the Arianee blockchain, we allow brands to transfer identification to new product owners with quick and easy verification of authenticity,” said Dominique Guinard, CTO and Co-founder, EVRYTHNG.
Evrythng joins the AIPA Congress virtual stage on September 10 along with Procter & Gamble, Woolworths, and GS1 to discuss maximizing real-time product data.
5. Portfolio company Hastee revolutionises the way people are paid. Ready to join an award-winning FinTech? They’re hiring for a Strategic Finance Director/CFO role during a period of incredible growth. Hastee is also hiring for a Mid-Level Full Stack Developer role.
Hastee has also joined the What Works Wellbeing Business Leaders Council to promote better workplace wellbeing. James Herbett, Hastee CEO said: “This investment will help us support a greater number of organisations in reducing financial stress, increasing wellbeing and improving the lives and productivity of employees and, as a result, their organisations. Our goal is to provide users access to a portion of their earned pay in real time and put an end to high-cost credit that can impact their financial health.”
6. Portfolio company Bipi provides a new way of having a car without buying it. They were featured in ABC.es where it was noted that more people in Spain are turning towards using their own vehicle for travel as a result of the pandemic and the resulting sacres. Since May, car subscription growth has grown 200% monthly.
7. Portfolio company Recargapay is Brazil’s leading mobile payments Fintech. Co-Founder Gustavo Victorica spoke about changing consumer behavior as a result of the pandemic with Renato Cruz for Inova.jor. Check it out on Spotify. Recargapay is also hiring for various roles in São Paulo and Buenos Aires.
8. Portfolio company CookUnity is a personalized meal subscription service. They’re partnering with FHITTING Room to provide a fitness foodie experience (or a food FHITness experience) with Chef JJ Johnson Fhitting Room Head Instructor Eric Salvador.
9. Portfolio company Emerge is building meaningful bonds across distance and time. Check out their moving series on why touch matters in mixed reality: “Imagine if you could learn a new language by touching digital worlds.”
13. Portfolio company Tradeshift is a trade technology platform where supply chains connect to the future with digital marketplaces, payments & apps. They launched a new adaptive onboarding solution to create immediate seller value and supercharge onboarding rates.
Tradeshift CEO Christian Lanng spoke with TechRepublic about the impact of COVID-19 on the global tech industry, and joined Neil C. Hughes on Tech Talks Daily to discuss digital as the default in a post COVID-19 world.
Fuel Venture Capital Partner and Chief Investment Officer Maggie Vo shares insight on her journey and lessons in venture capital investment in Thrive Global, and discusses on Medium why efficiency is the name of the game and that “‘Growth at all costs’ is no longer in vogue”.
Congratulations to the all Fuel Venture Capital portfolio companies on another incredible week!